Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grandma's Journal - Meals

This is a photo of the farm house that Grandma and Grandpa raised their 7 children in. This photo was taken after they didn't live there anymore. My Aunt and Uncle bought the farm after they retired, and they fixed it up quit a bit. I took this on one of my trips home, when I realized that I didn't have any photos of the house. When Grandma and Grandpa lived there, there was a hedge around the yard, by the road.

November, 1991

"I just had a good dinner I always appreciate the good meals here, because I always made good meals for my family In the summers I had lots of cantaloupes, cucumbers, watermelon. Herbert was a good farmer and we had a big, good garden and a big patch. He had a motor and cultivator that worked the ground. I canned and froze and got ready for the winter. That was good eating. The family did come around to eat, after they were grown. I liked to feed them. I miss them so very much. I have a good window to look out, and some may be around later today. "

December 24, 1991

"A very nice clear morning. I just had a good dinner. Potatoes, meat, bread, pie and fruit. A nice meal. I had big meals to make back when I was on the farm. Lots of visitors, workmen, neighbors, friends. I have a nice big place here, a big bedroom, phone and a good chair Bill brought in for me. My window is full of photos of the little ones."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>