Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grandma's Journal - A Sunday


Sunday, November 3, 1991

"A nice clear, cool morning. I just had a very good dinner. Their meals here are just right. Prepared and tasty. I have a nice, pleasant room to live in and to sleep in. I look for my family to come to see me. They do come. The little ones are so dear and cute. I have a lot of them. You see I have 7 children, Sylvia, Grace, Sara and Jane and 4 boys, Gerald, Fred, and Samuel. A nice good family. They grew up and went to school and college and now they have families that come to see me. This Brethren Home is a good home for the aged. They are good to us. Herbert, my husband, died here. He was a good Husband and Father, worked very hard. I can say this home is a wonderful good home. Everyone is nice to us who live here. I have good neighbors. "

(Here is a photo of my brother and my Dad visiting Grandma in the nursing home. My Dad was Grandma's oldest. I am the oldest Grandchild)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>