Sunday, November 01, 2009

Speaking of Saints....

Speaking of Saints - I regard both of my Grandmothers as "Saints". They were both strong in their faith and role models for each of their children and grandchildren. My Dad's Mother was the role model that I know my Dad took after. And, so too, my Mother's Mother passed so much on to not only my Mother, but also to me. She took us kids to Sunday School on Sunday's that my parents didn't get there. I was influenced by the things that they would both read. I know how much time both of them did in prayer and reflecting. I know they prayed for their children and their grandchildren

My paternal Grandmother spent almost 10 years in a nursing home. She wrote in her "journal" everyday. Her daughters kept her supplied with writing notebooks. They kept every one of them, and I was fortunate enough to be given quite a few of them. When I first brought them back to MN with me, I sat down and read through everyone of them. I come across them, whenever I am "cleaning" and trying to sort through all my things, and I have to find a special place to put them, so they don't get misplaced, or so someone doesn't throw them out when I am gone. I often thought I would like to write them all up and do a book, and in the 80's I actually started working on that, but then I found myself back in the employed world, and it went by the wayside. I still want to do it, just as I want to make family photo books. (Oh, I wish I could retire...think of the time I'd have then to do both of these things!)

So, now I just came across the journals again last week. I've been looking through them again.
One of them starts on November 1, 1991. Today is November 1st, and in my last post I talked about remembering all the saints. This morning I kept thinking of both of my Grandmothers, all that they did for their church, and for their family, and how much they loved God.

I thought it would be fun to put some of her writing into my posts, some of my readers might like to read about her, as you might all be tired of reading about me and my family. I'd like to have all of you know more about my Grandma Ebersole. So, the next post will be from her journal, written on November 1, 1991. She passed away in April, 1992 - so this will be from the last journal that she wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>