Sunday, November 01, 2009

From the Journal of.....

My Dad's Mother, my paternal Grandmother, Della spent almost 10 years in a nursing home. Her heart was very weak, and when she was moved there after a heart attack and being told that she didn't have long to live, she lived for almost 10 years. She was a woman of faith, and I believe that God gave her more years, so that she could be around for all of us to learn from her. Every time I went home to PA for a visit, I spent time with her, and it was always inspirational to me. I was home in the fall of 91, and I think I must have had a feeling, because I went to see her quite a few times and spent more time with her at the visits. So, when she passed away that spring, I was so thankful that I had spent so much time with her on the last visit.

Here is her journal entry from November 1, 1991:

"I was to church services this morning We have a good pastor here. He is a good speaker, and pleasant. I wish some one would come to see me today. Some of my family - where are all of them? I will forget about them - never - I love them all very much. My seven children and in-laws, make 14, so that makes a table full for dinner. I used to make it often. I liked to get them all together and that was my way. I am here a good many years. I was sick and came here to get well. I am here in a nice room with a good roommate. She goes out often. I like my room and stay here most times. My children come to see me."

From my Grandmother Della's journal.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>