Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trying for a New Start - Year TWO

I'm awake early this morning, and want to get off to a good start, since I overslept yesterday and that makes for not a very good start of the day! I want to get a good breakfast and be able to relax a bit before going off to the work place.

As you may remember, this past year...since June 10, 2008 I have been making a BIG effort to lose weight. I lost 40 lbs between June 10th and the end of September. Since then it has been very slow going, and I held my weight, going back and forth between 4 lbs of my Sept. 30th weight all winter. Never could get down that 4 pounds to reach what my goal was, thought sure by spring I would. But it was a tough winter. The spring has been even tougher, I started going up from the 4 lbs. that I was able to keep at all winter. So now, I'm really not a happy camper. The disappointment has gotten me off track of the things I was doing to keep my weight consistent through the winter. So, I'm back to trying to do again, what made me lose the weight last summer. But, as anyone who diets, know the second round is much harder, and it's harder to get back to the same routine that worked before, even though you KNOW it worked...so why can't you get going again to make it work again!! I am still seeing my dietitian, and feel guilty everytime I see her, because I know I haven't been following "the rules". I know it sounds like a typical excuse, but this spring I've been too busy at work to be disciplined there during the day, then it makes it easier for me to slide in the evening, when I haven't been good during the day. And, I come home very tired. Don't tell me to excerise...I've been trying to fit that in, that's not easy either. I've been trying to get extra walking in.

I've been practicing for about a month now, going to bed earlier at night so I can get up earlier in the morning, with the hopes of eventually getting back to going to the gymn before work. (or at least walking in the neighborhood in the morning). That's not working real well, some days yes...other days like yesterday, no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>