Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mama Mia - YEAH!!

Oh, that reminds me – about the movie being better than the book – they say that a play is very often better than the movie that is made, based on the play. I must tell you, though I enjoyed every moment of the two times I saw the movie “Mama Mia” based on the Broadway show by the same name – Wednesday night I was just wowed and bowled over by the touring group that brought Mama Mia to our stage at the DECC!!! I would for sure say in this case that the PLAY WAS THE BEST!!! It was so much fun, the talent, the voices, the costumes, the humor! Yes, there is something about seeing it on the stage, vs. the screen that makes the stage show so much, much more!!! Tuesday night’s performance was reviewed in the News Tribune, it was given an excellent review, the writer just raved about it. He was right, Wednesdays was also excellent. I heard that Tuesday night was sold out and our house looked sold out too. It played again on Thursday, so many were able to enjoy this play that, when I bought my tickets on the first day, was only to be here one night. It was well worth the price, which I considered to be on the high side for Duluth, but I don't regret spending the $$

I invited a friend’s daughter, who I know is in theater at Ordean (in fact I will be going to see her in Alice in Wonderland soon)…to come with me. She enjoyed it too, and it was such fun enjoying it together with someone as enthusiastic about it as I was. She kept thanking me for inviting her and I kept saying “I’m just happy you enjoyed it with me!”. We had pizza at Old Chicago before the show (she’d never been there before – her family is fairly new in town), so we made a night of it! It was fun, fun, fun! You know I’ll be playing the CD soundtrack as I go back and forth to work this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>