Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Angel Unaware"


--And speaking of talking about your faith:- my Grandmother respected Dale Evans too, especially after she read a book that she wrote about the little girl she and Roy had. Robin was born with Downs Syndrome, she only lived for 3 years. Dale’s book is about those three years and the joy and meaning Robin brought into their lives. She said she was an angel brought to them by God, hence the title “Angel Unaware”. After Grandma read the book she encouraged me to read it. I remember it made a big impact on me. I was in elementary school, thinking about it now, makes me want to read it again, as an adult. I noticed that it is available on Amazon.com – I might have to make a purchase.

Last evening I watched the movie called “The Memory Keepers Daughter”. I had seen it before, and remembered it exactly, but it’s the kind of movie you don’t mind watching a second time. It is a touching movie, it involves Downs Syndrome in its story, and watching it in 2009, makes us so thankful that we have come a long way from the 50’s when it comes to knowledge about and attitudes about this birth disorder. I highly recommend it, if you haven’t seen it. It is based on a book by the same name, and I’ve been told by those who have read it, the book is better than the movie (isn’t that the way it always is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>