Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Storm

We got our snow and our storm, although I don't believe the storm gave us the wallop that they were expecting us to get. The wind was bad, but didn't seem as "blizzardly" as it could have been. It didn't start till about 12:30 pm, and we left work at 4, which was nice because the traffic wasn't as bad at that time to travel home in the snow. The roads were slick and I went very slow, but I made it home. Our 2009 Camry does not seem to go as well in the snow as our other Camry's always did. I've heard that from some other camry owners too. We think it may have "cheaper" tires on it. I slip much more going up steep hills than I did last year!

Our son had to work until 8 pm, and he said it was not fun driving home, but he made it safely.

With the help of some great volunteers, our ACS DAFFODILS got packed yesterday and ready for delivery this morning and the volunteer drivers had them all delivered by 11 am this morning, well before the snow came. That was a real accomplishment. Other years, the deliveries have taken all day to get done. We had more help this year, which made the difference! I man the phone in the office with all the calls, about deliveries, about where to buy daffodils, etc. and I didn't even have as many calls this year as usual.

It has snowed all evening, but I believe just lately it has either quit, or isn't snowing as much. It is to start up again though through the night. Then, of course, as always happens...we will go into the deep freeze in the morning and tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>