Sunday, March 08, 2009

Return to Solvay House


There has been a hole in my heart since cousin Rose passed away on January 20th. I have missed visiting her. The first few weeks it was really hard for my car not to go directly up the hill from downtown after work, so used to going there to see her. And going by the main road where I would turn off to go back to the house was hard (Central Entrance a major route to the mall area). Anyway, I have been wanting to drop off something for the nurses and employees there, and finally today I was "prompted to do so". I needed gas, and sometimes I will go to Sam's Club since it's cheaper. Today when I went there for gas, I decided to buy something food wise to take there. It was hard to go, but I saw familar nurses and staff there who greeted me, and it was nice to chat with them. They told me how Rose touched their lives and how much they too, missed her. One of the nurses was the one that was there with us the day she passed on. I told them again, how thankful our family and Rose was that she was able to be in such a beautiful, quiet and compassionate place to spend her last time on earth. They told me that no one has been in her room since. Also, the deer that used to hang around by her patio windows have not been back. It was good to see them again, and good to be able to thank them again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>