Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sisters

My sister Julie was able to take two days vacation from her job while I was there. We had two great days together, visiting the aunts and uncles, and just being together on our drives to the relatives. Coming back from Aunt Mae and Uncle Gilberts, we got lost (they live in an area we are not familiar with), and thought we were going to be stuck in the boondocks by the Conewaga Creek in the dark. Thank goodness for cell phones! We called Uncle Gilbert and found out where we made our mistake!

One evening just my sister, and my two sister in laws got together for an evening of visiting and fun. It was great fun, and I think bonding like that was good for us all. I have a great photo of us that evening, but as I said before, most of my family do not want me to post their photos on the “world wide net”, so I respect that.

I brought a book for each of them called “Strength Finder 2.0” by Tom Rath. It is a book that our new manager at my job in July gave to each of us on our “team”, to read. It has a test that accesses and shows you your “Top Five Strengths”, and it was a very helpful book for relationships at work, and thought it would be fun for us sisters to share what each of our “top 5 strengths” were. It was fun. It was a good conversation starter for the evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>