Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friends - Pennsylvania Visit



The best way I have found to visit with friends when I go back home is to either meet them for a lunch or a breakfast at a nearby restaurant that is convenient to both. So, I had breakfast with Susie one day, and Betty the next day! Susie, a friend I made after my high school days, and Betty, a close friend from my high school days. Betty and I went to a local diner in East Berlin. It was fun sitting in the booth that had 2 photos of graduation classes of East Berlin High School (which is no more) from the 40’s and 50’s. One of the photos, my Aunt Sara and Aunt Grace were in.

My best friend through elementary school and high school, and my Maid of Honor at our wedding, lives in New Jersey. Bless her heart (as Grandma E. would say), she drives up from there to see me every time I am home. We had a wonderful Saturday evening together!

Another friend, from 1st and 2nd grade (until she moved away), got in touch with me a few years ago, and now we visit each time I am home. A week before, she had surgery for blocked arteries in her neck, so I went to visit her at her son’s home, where she was recuperating. He lived in an area, also that I was not familiar with…that was fun to find! I had the chance to meet her son, and visit with him also. He is a chef at an Italian restaurant.

I didn’t see as many friends this trip, as I do sometimes. But, so thankful to see those that I did see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>