Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brothers

Farmer Brother Mark - and his dog "Tootie"
Tim's Beef - grazing in pasture
Corn - soon ready for harvest
I have three brothers in Pennsylvania (we lost Jerry in ’03). Steve, Tim, Mark. Tim picked me up at the airport, and Steve took me back to the airport. Some visits I get together for breakfast with “just my brothers”, but didn’t get that accomplished this trip. But, I did spend quality time alone with each of them, except Mark, who was working out of town that week. He came home Sunday so he could see me, and we did visit that evening. Mark works construction, many hours in the summer. He’s a hard worker, he works construction, and in between he does the farming. He gets laid off in the winter, and he usually requests to be laid off in the fall, so that he can get the fall harvest in.(and so he can hunt). The week I was there, was his last week to work the construction job. Mark also has the 15 year old terrier mix dog, Tootie that used to be our Mom’s dog. I was able to see Tootie a lot, since my sister keeps him for Mark, while he’s away working.

My last night home, us siblings and spouses all got together and went to a new restaurant (for us) in Mt. Holly Springs (Cassels), so I got to go over the mountain roads again. When we were kids, and we went on that road, we called it the “Roller Coaster” Road, because the hills were high and the dips were low… we always got that roller coaster feeling in our stomachs! We had a lovely evening together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>