Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving in Duluth

Since I didn't have access to a computer over Thanksgiving and the weekend, I will write tonight about the Thanksgiving holiday at our home. It was a good Thursday and a good weekend. Our daughter and her family were here from Hudson, except our Grandson, who spent the holiday and weekend with friends (you know how 18 year old's are!). We did talk to him though. They came up late Wednesday afternoon, and they had icy roads, so the driving was not great.

I did the cooking and I must say that this year I got more help in the kitchen than usual. My husband helped more. Our son surprised me with offering to peel the potatoes, and he even helped with clean up. Guess he's more mature than he used to be, and is thinking more of others these days. Our daughter was a big help, as she always is, and the Granddaughter pitched in and did what she could do (7 years old).

Our younger son had Thanksgiving meal with his Fiancee and family. We did join them in the evening for dessert and a visit at their house. It was good to see them.

We were all thinking of Joe and his family and Nancy and her family, with their losses right before Thanksgiving. They were in our prayers when we said Grace before eating the "big meal".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>