Sunday, December 02, 2007

Inside the Farmhouse






Some photos from the Farm house in PA that I grew up in. My brother Tim and his wife have done a lot to restore it. The walls and ceilings were re-plastered, the entry room, used to be our living room. The stairway was opened and the steps repaired. They made the parlor their living room (I forgot to take a photo of that room.) Vickie picked the colors and wall paper. The floors are now the original plank floors. The old fashioned buffet, had been in the back room, they brought it out to this room. My niece's piano sits where an old buffet used to sit, that now is in an upstairs bedroom. Tim took out the dropped ceiling in the kitchen, added crown molding, and changed the lighting fixtures. He put in a new wood floor, the cabinets are the same that Mom and Dad put in when they remodeled and enlarged the kitchen in the late 80's.


I didn't take photos of the upstairs. My neice has the bedroom I used to have, and it looks lovely. The bathroom was remodeled, and part of what was the "boys" bedroom was taken to make it larger, and it also has the original planks for the floor. Tim and Vickie have done a beautiful job with the house. Next summer he wants to do more on the outside of the house, this summer he repaired one of the sheds, and wants to repair the other one, so that they don't go the route the barn did. There are still plans for more work on the house also, when the money is there.


I can't thank them enough for taking such good care of our home. I know Mom and Dad see what they have done and that they are proud. Dad I know, is happy that the land is still being farmed by my brother Mark. Yes, all of us siblings are thankful to see that the farm is being taken care of. Thank you Tim, Vickie and Mark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>