Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Son Knows

I never give anyone a list of what I want for Christmas, because I am happy to get any gift, I am not a picky person. The only time I have ever given a broad hint about a wish, was this year, about the camera – and that was because of all the teasing I’ve received over the years about my disposable cameras (see posts below).

Our son Rob is the one that has been the very best at knowing exactly what to give me for Christmas, without me saying a thing! His gifts are always something that he knows I wouldn’t buy for myself, and something that I would really enjoy.

Last year he gave me the DVD series of one of the seasons of “Everyone Loves Raymond”. That was a perfect gift! He knows how much I love that show!

This year, he again hit the jackpot. He gave me the 1st season DVD series of “American Dreams”… I was so excited about that, especially after thinking of the series when I was watching the “Hairspray” movie. (see post above) He also gave me a DVD series of one of the “House” series, one of the years before I started watching House, so they will all be new to me!

Of course, this morning, when I should have been doing a hundred other, more productive things, I watched the first couple shows of "American Dreams" instead. It was fun. I'm excited to share this series with one of my friends, who I think will really enjoy watching it, she doesn't watch as much TV as I do, so she never watched it on prime time. I think Madelyn will enjoy watching it too, maybe when she's older, she will be able to see some of what happened in the 60's in our country.

Thank you son!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>