Friday, December 21, 2007

Keeping in Touch with Others - Part of the Holiday

Today I sent out Christmas cards. Something I wasn’t going to do this year. However,
I decided I did want to send to some of the friends in PA that I didn’t see when I was home last month, and then ended up sending to some that I did see, just to tell them in the card how great it was “to see them last month”. Then I also wanted to send to some from Duluth that we rarely see, but want to keep in touch with. Then there are those friends outside of Duluth in Minnesota that we hardly ever see, well, I HAD to write to them too. So… every evening this week I was writing cards, I didn’t do my usual Christmas letter, just sent individual cards and put notes in most of them. I went to the post office over lunch and bought 50 Christmas stamps. They all got in the mail today. I felt so good after dropping them in the mail box. I realized that its one of the things I was missing in getting ready for Christmas. I was missing reaching out and touching those that I love, by sending them cards to let them know I’m thinking of them. I mailed about half the number of cards I usually send out, but guess what, at the Hallmark store the other day at lunch time, I bought two packs of “Happy New Year” cards. Guess who will be getting those cards the first week in January. You guessed it, the relatives that I saw in November back home, that didn’t get a Christmas card from us!

PS...HOW could I have forgotten how important my writing Christmas Cards to my family and friends is to me, it's part of what the Christmas Season is for me! It's more important than gift buying! What can I say, after all, I AM a "People Person", or so I've been told many times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>