Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quality Time


I spent a week of quality time with family and friends I hadn’t seen in a long time.

I arrived home on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 3rd, after a stop for lunch with my girlfriend, since elementary school, who picked me up at the airport. I get so nostalgic just driving home from the airport to the farm, seeing the landscapes, the houses, the towns, the trees, the mountains in the background, the fields. I had her take the long way home so I could see lots of landscape. It was old home week with my brothers, sister and their families. This is the first time in a good while that I stayed in the farm house, I usually stay with my sister, whose house is right up the lane by the main road. As you remember, I told you before, my brother and his family, now live in the farmhouse that we all grew up in. My 19 year old niece has my old bedroom, so I stayed in what used to be the boy’s bedroom, part of it. The other part was added to the bathroom when it got remodeled. Tim and Vicki have done a wonderful job restoring the house, and I love what they have done with it so far.

On Sunday, my sister in law made a huge pot of CHICKEN POT PIE (the boiled kind that us PA DUTCH make). It was so delicious! We celebrated my nephew’s 22nd birthday. This is the nephew that was 18 months old the last time my brother and family came to Duluth to visit us! I remember he wouldn’t let go of his Dad practically the whole time they were here! Now he is all grown up!

(I’ll write more tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>