Thursday, November 01, 2007

And - oh - The Land!

Things I'm looking forward to seeing when I get to Pennsylvania on Saturday:

Oh…the land…I can’t wait to see the land again!
The Mountains
The mountains in the background
The Valleys
The rolling hills,
The orchards
The cornfields that have been harvested
The farms, where fall tilling is taking place
The leaves will probably be gone from the trees, but trees will still look wonderful to me...
The little, winding back roads that aren’t paved.
The roads that are paved, that were dirt roads when I was growing up.
The farms and houses that now look run down from when I was a kid, (oh, NOT looking forward to seeing them...but I will see them)
The farms and houses that look BETTER than when I was a kid
Not looking forward to seeing: The new housing developments, the houses where farms used to be.
The homes of my siblings
AND of course most of all:
THE FARM - the Farm and farmhouse that my parents worked so hard on, that we grew up in..and how fortuante that I can still be in this house when I go home. I'm so blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>