Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My PA Visit


Nine days since I have returned to Duluth from my visit to my Pennsylvania hometown and family there.
Between being tired, and having computer problems you have not heard from me much since I got back. I’ve been dying to write you about my wonderful visit!

The first few days I was too tired to write, with getting back to work and back to the swing of things, and getting rested up from the busy week home. Then on Saturday morning, our computer went to the “dreaded Blue Screen of death!” Saturday I was too tired to sit on the phone with the Gateway technician, so I waited until Sunday afternoon. It was all very tiresome and to no avail. I called a service company yesterday here in town, and he informed me that our Millennium program is now obsolete as of Jan. 1st, ’07! He said even if we were able to fix it, it would keep giving us problems and that soon we would not be able to get support from virus protection, etc. He also said that if we had it 7 years, we should consider ourselves “very lucky” as the average life of a computer now is 3 -4 years! In other words, “start looking for a new computer”…oh great! Our son has been telling us this for at least the last two years, and we just ignore his comments! One good thing, my husband has finally started using the computer a bit more, checking sports scores, weather and a little e mail, that even he, now, doesn’t want to be without a computer, so that will make it easier to convince him that we can’t be without one.

So…I am writing this on my lunch hour at work, because I’m antsy to “blog” now. Then I will post it before I leave work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>