Thursday, November 01, 2007

Packed and Ready!

I’m just about packed! Tomorrow night I can finish packing and wrap things up to be gone for 7 days. I was busy tonight getting everything together, what to take along to wear, always take too much, trying to pare down what I first laid out, but will probably still take along too many clothes. My suitcase is big, probably shouldn’t use such a big suitcase.

I am flying out of Duluth on Saturday morning at 6:20 am, with a connection in Detroit, then on to Harrisburg, PA. I arrive there at Noon, and the airport is less than an hour away, so I will be with my siblings on Saturday afternoon! One of my best friends from elementary school is picking me up at the airport. The guys at home here will have to fend for themselves, but since Bob is retired now, he pretty much does that already, ha ha. I feel much more comfortable leaving them alone, than I ever had before! My going home alone means that I don’t have to entertain any of my Minnesota family, they won’t complain about my wanting to stay around the farm or my sister’s house and “just visiting”, so that’s a nice thing about going home alone. The down side of going home alone is that my family there does not get to visit with any of the family here. I’m going alone because by using 20,000 of my 23,000 world perk miles, I was able to fly home very cheaply at a time when air fares are quite high. However, I could only purchase one ticket at that price. So, it’s only me going.

One thing hard about going home is that my Mom, Dad and one brother, are all gone. I am fortunate though, that I have a very large family to visit when I go there, so that helps a lot. My Aunts and Uncles are all getting elderly now, and I have lost three of them, and lost all of my many Great Aunts and Uncles, except one. So, as I tell my husband, I still need to go home to see all of them, in addition to my brothers, sister and their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>