Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Mama's Happy"

Remember a few posts back when I was telling you that I wrote three paragraphs and then it all “disappeared”… well, it was something important that I was telling you, and I never got back to the computer to re-write and post it for you. I don’t think it will be three paragraphs now anymore… but this is what I wrote about:

Our youngest son that I mentioned to you about not too long ago, telling you that he and his girlfriend of 7 years, built a house together and I was “sort of complaining” that they did this without benefit of marriage or even being engaged. You'll remember, I'm sure, that I was being the "fussy Mother". Well, guess what… on Monday night, October 15th, our son proposed to Sarah! I had talked to him the Friday evening before, and he confided in me that he was going to do so, but asked me not to tell, as he wanted to surprise her. (I must say, I was honored that he confided in me about it first) He said he purposely avoided her birthday or Christmas, as he said those dates were “too obvious”. He told me that he’d been shopping for a long while for a ring and was trying to save money for one, and that’s why it didn’t happen sooner. He had purchased a ring that week and was excited about surprising her with it. He said every time he thought he had some money saved toward the ring, something would come up with the house that he needed to use the money for. I told him that’s the way it is when you are building/living in a house!

Now, we are all pleased – Sarah has been part of our family for a long time, and now it will be “official”. Now that they are engaged, I am not going to “push” for the wedding date, I will leave that alone. (I guess there is the chance that it will be another 7 years before the wedding- but I'll be quiet if it is).

So...”Mama’s Happy” and you know what they say when Mama's not happy - now “Mama’s Happy”.

Congratulations Scott and Sarah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>