Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Chocolate Kiss or Two....


Do you see this photo of the jar of Hershey Kisses? This jar was full two weeks ago. Look at the level now, I took this photo on Tuesday, and it's even lower today. One of my co/workers won this as a door prize at an ACS meeting she was at. What a door prize for an ACS meeting, especially after the report we just heard this week from our organization telling us how obesity ties into cancer risk! She said she didn't dare take it to her house, as she would eat them all, so she brought the jar of kisses to the office for us all to be tempted each day! Unfortuantely this sits on a table right in view from my desk. Everyone refuses to have it on their desk, or even near their desk. I love chocolate, so you can imagine how many of them I have eaten with them being so close and in view all day long. (Now, I didn't eat them all) I usually do fine until about 2 or 3:00 pm. And, I'm reminded each day that I open the lid, that I cannot eat "Just one" chocolate kiss.

Notice, I put this jar by our new ACS "Healthy Eating" Cookbook, to show you just how big this jar is. Not a recipe in this book using Hershey's Chocolate Kisses, I'm sure!

Between birthday cake, an office pot luck, and these chocolate kisses, I have really been avoiding the scales, I'm scared to look!

One good thing, tonight, when passing out Halloween candy to our little "Trick or Treaters" in the neighborhood (over 100 came to our house), I was able to leave alone our chocolate minature bars we were giving. I had my fill of chocolate during the day! (Although, I had my husband answer the door most of the time, just in case, so I wouldn't be tempted.)

Tomorrow and Friday, three of our girls in the office will be gone, I am moving this jar to one of their desks, in another room! I will be on vacation for a week afer that, and I sure do hope that by the time I return, this jar will be empty!

Happy Halloween! Hopefully, you didn't eat as much chocolate as I have this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>