Wednesday, October 31, 2007

BALLOT

Next Tuesday is ELECTION Day! We have an important Mayoral race here in Duluth and also City Council and School Board Elections. I will be back in PA visiting my family there on Election Day.

On Friday I mailed my absentee ballot to City Hall. I wanted to be sure I had my vote in for Mayor and City Councilors, since I will be out of town next Tuesday on Election Day!

The last few days there has been more in the papers about our mayoral candidates and there have been two more debates, both televised on TV. Our family watched both debates. I’m glad that watching these debates after my ballot was sent in, did not make me change my mind. (I didn’t think they would) I am assured, after the debates, that I have voted for the right candidate! Also, we have the right candidate’s sign in our front yard! I’m glad there is an absentee ballot option, I’d have been sad if I couldn’t have voted for him.

Now, next Tuesday, I will have to call home from PA to find out if my candidate (s) won!
It will be interesting to see. I really believe that the mayor’s race is going to be a close one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>