Saturday, June 30, 2007

Granddaughter's Visit


Our 6 year old Granddaughter, Madelyn, came up yesterday from Hudson, WI., she will be staying with us for a week’s visit. We have been looking forward to having her with us for this next week. I am taking 1/2 days off work, in the afternoons, and Grandpa will have her in the mornings. We’ve had a good day with her today, we must have worn her out, because she konked out on the sofa around 7:30, and seems to be out, maybe for the night? I tried to wake her, so she doesn’t sleep a cat nap, then not want to go to bed later, but to no avail. I guess I’ll let her sleep.

I was afraid she might get homesick for Mom, since she is such a “mama’s girl”. But, she only said “I want my Mom” twice today, and both times were after her Mom had called on the phone and had talked to her. So, I didn't think that was too bad. I think she will be fine.

This morning she and I went grocery shopping. I wanted her to choose what kind of things to buy, and of course, like most Grandma’s we did purchase quite a bit of “junk” food, but then that’s what Grandma’s do…(and I know a lot of what we bought, she doesn’t get at her house). However, we did buy some “healthy” things too. She is a good fruit eater, and wanted me to buy “Bing Cherries” for sure, then she also wanted grapefruit, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, she already ate a lot of the cherries this evening.

Her Uncle Rob took her to see the new kid’s movie “Ratatouille” that just came out today. She wanted to see it, and they both really enjoyed it, along with a giant bag of popcorn!

We also have another house guest, along with Maddy. We have our “grand doggie” Coco. She is really fun to have. She is so little, and so cute. When I see photos of her and Maddy, she looks like a stuffed animal. She is about as big as she will get. She is a cross between and Yorkie and a Maltese. They are said to have the good qualities of both breeds. We really do love her, even my husband, who has never been a dog lover, couldn't wait for us to have her for a week. He especially enjoys her. We all have taken her for a walk or two, or three. We’ve had her sleeping on our laps, we feed her some of our food when she begs, we play with her toys with her, we are getting a kick out of her! We must have worn her out too, because she is now sleeping on Bob’s lap.

I think I will go to bed early, as Maddy can wear Grandma out, and tomorrow we have plans to “run around” town. I’m thinking Brighton Beach, if it’s warmer, and Playfront, maybe The Depot if the weather is cool for outside. Today was sunny, but the air was very cool and brisk.

Tomorrow I will write about where the rest of Madelyn’s family is while she and Coco are with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>