Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day '07

(Wrote this last evening, but wasn't able to post it till this morning, have been having problems posting ever since blogger moved me to the google site.)

Valentine’s Day today. Last evening when I came home, I went into the kitchen and puttered around in there for awhile, before I noticed: A beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase on the counter. In front of it was a large Valentine’s Day card, from my loving husband of course. It was a beautiful card, and it had a great message in it. It meant a lot to me. I was surprised, he wanted me to be surprised. It’s why he gave it to me early. He figured I would look for it on Valentine’s Day, but not be looking for anything on the evening of Feb. 13th! I then scrambled to get his card that fortunately, I had purchased early. It wasn’t as big, but it was lovely and also had a good message that I wrote myself. I also gave him a bag of peanut M & M’s, which he loves.

I hope the flowers were “fair trade” (read below), but I’m not saying anything to him about that. Us wives have to be careful, when our husbands do nice things, we can’t push our luck.

We usually don’t go out to eat on Valentine’s night (we do it a Friday or Saturday before or after) because we don’t want to fight the crowds. Scott, our son, called us this evening and invited us to join him out at a restaurant at 8:15 (after his evening job). Why will he be with his parents instead of his sweetheart you ask? Yes, they are still together. However, Sarah is in the Caribbean where it’s 80 degrees or more, this week, they left on Saturday. Her Dad won a trip there from his employer and her Mom didn’t want to go, so Sarah went with him. Good week to be gone, weather wise, but she’s missing Valentine’s Day. He did break the bank though, and sent flowers to her at the resort where they are staying, so she knows that he’s thinking of her (and so he wouldn’t be in the “dog house”!) It will be nice to spend some time with Scott. The second time this week, we are so lucky! Sunday I asked him to come up for supper and he came and actually stayed for awhile! It was great.

Hope you each have a Beautiful Valentine’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>