Sunday, February 04, 2007

Comfort Food

Comfort Food for sub zero temps
As you probably know, I'm getting my share of soup these days with my digestive problems. I keep thinking I should make homemade soup, but really haven't had the energy to do so, until this weekend. The cold temperature has made me hungry for some of my homemade Potato Soup. That is the soup I think of when I think of cold weather and also when I am sick or have a bad cold...my Mother's Potato Soup. She was the best soup maker. Her soups were good. She always made us potato soup when we had a bad cold. We liked it better than Chicken Soup, although her chicken soups were good too. Her potato soup is the only soup that I can make from stratch that tastes likes hers. My son thinks its the best soup, and he thinks I have some big secret about it. I hate to say it, but it's one of the simpliest things to make, the worst part is peeling the potatoes and dicing up the celery and onion. I do insist on using fresh parsley in it, like my Mother did, and I think that may be one of the secrets, it must be fresh, and then I add more fresh parsley when I serve it, to keep the bright green color. Rob is eating it now, and said I should write down the receipe for him so he can make it someday. When I write it down, it will seem so "simplistic". But, then, maybe the best comfort foods are the simplistic kind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>