Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chocolate!


Wow, people really do enjoy chocolate! For fundraising for our Hope UMC Relay For Life team I purchased the best chocolate bars I have ever tasted. I have been selling them at my work, and my son has been selling them at his work for about 3 weeks. I have been trying to get some of my team members to take some to sell, but they all said “lets just sell them at church on Sunday’s.” Well, I have had so many chocolate bars sitting around our house, that you guessed it, the three of us in our household have been our own best customers! I must get them out of our house, because these bars have really sabotaged my dieting and pledge to eat healthy. The first order I made was for only 3 flavors, they sold so well, I thought, “hey I’ll try some more flavors”, so I added “Peanut Butter Crisp” and “Dark chocolate” (which they say is to be healthier). They were a hit, so last week I ordered 2 more flavors. The company has a total of 7 kinds, and honestly, every one of them are good, I can’t say which one I would put on the bottom. The two that sell the best are the very smooth Chocolate Mint (which I’m told is like the Choc. Mint that Fanny Farmer makes), and the Peanut Butter Crisp. Next, would be the Chocolate Meltaway, which is like eating very rich fudge. Then there is Chocolate Crisp that tastes like Nestles Crunch, only thicker and better, Almond Meltaways (like Hershey’s with Almonds, only thicker and better), Pure Milk Chocolate, and last but not least, Pure Dark Chocolate. These bars are not thin like regular bars, they are thick and a real bargain for $1! When one of my team members tasted one of the bars, she stopped at my house this afternoon and took a large box of assorted bars to sell.

The reason I said that people really enjoy chocolate, is that in less than 30 or 40 minutes this morning after church, I sold 80 bars! I took 85 with me, and never thought I would sell that many. I think they either trusted me when I said they were the best chocolate bars I ever tasted, or they really like chocolate or they wished to donate to our team’s cause. No matter what the reason, I thank every one that purchased. I will be ordering more tomorrow morning, so I will have some to bring next Sunday. I believe that after they taste what they purchased this morning, they will want to buy more next Sunday!

Yes, we all like our chocolate, especially quality chocolate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>