Monday, May 29, 2006

Back to Work!

This last week sure did go by fast. I was on vacation last week and of course, the holiday today, so tomorrow I will be going back to the full time job. I will say that I had a wonderful vacation. I didn’t go anywhere, just stayed home. It was great. In all my years of employment, I have never taken a vacation of a week just to "stay home". I couldn't have chosen a better week, weather-wise. I had sunny, warm, beautiful days. I sat on our back deck and read, sat out there enjoying the sun and the breeze and the beautiful scenery in our
backyard. Tonight we got a thunderstorm, it's just finishing, and I think rain is called for this week off and on...so I did pick the right week!

The worst part of going back to work tomorrow will be that I will be leaving the house alone. My husband will be able to stay home and “relax”. On Friday, my husband had his last day of work. He quit his job of 33 years, as I told you in a previous blog. He says he retired, however, he’s not old enough, or financially set that he can really “retire from work”. He retired from his 33 year job. He’s taking the summer off, but promises to look for work in the fall…work that he enjoys. He’s a great sports enthusiast, so I think he should look for sports related employment. If any of you know of anything, or have any ideas, pass them on to us please. It will be hard to go to work, knowing he can stay home, hard not to be envious. But, he has put in his time and been through a lot, so I truly am happy for him.

If you read my blog a week ago, you will see the list that I had of all I wanted to get done during the week. A lot of things on the list had to do with cleaning house. I don’t want to go back and check things off, because I wouldn’t be able to check off everything. But, I did accomplish quite a bit. For example, this morning I tackled the refrigerator, took everything out, cleaned all the shelves and drawers, and boy does it look nice now! I’m caught up on laundry, and I have all the winter clothing put away and the summer clothing out. I guess if I were honest, the thing I did the most was RELAX, and I got caught up on my sleep. But, keep in mind, that was on my list more than once. I felt I needed this vacation, because I needed relaxation, both of the mind and of the body. I needed to get recharged so that I could once again enjoy my employment. I am not a person that relaxes easily, I have to work on it. I think I did accomplish that though, I will find that out tomorrow when I put in my first day after 10 days off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>