Sunday, June 04, 2006

NO Laundry!

I just spent a week being back at work after a week’s vacation. I was tired when I came home each evening, so I didn’t write. It’s always an adjustment getting back into the work mode after time off. It was a busy week, but then I knew it would be, but I got through it. Many people commented that for a short week (Monday was a holiday), it sure was a “long” week. I think everyone experienced that feeling.

My husband had his first week off, after “retiring”. He sure did enjoy it. He golfed, went to the fitness center, walked and became the “house husband”. I can’t believe it, but he told me that he would do laundry through the week so that I wouldn’t have to do it on weekends, or evenings. He made good on his promise. I had no laundry to do yesterday, and this morning before I knew it, he had a load in, to keep “caught up!” He also is planning to do some minimal cooking, “light suppers that aren’t too hard” he said. So, he grilled supper two evenings, had it ready when I got home. Nice! I’ve never seen the kitchen so very spic and span, just the way I would have it if I were having company, every evening I came home to the house and kitchen spic and span. I think I’m going to like his retirement! Because he is keeping up with the house, I will have more time to work on “projects that have been pending, but with no time to do”, if you know what I mean, every woman has those kind of jobs pending. Yesterday afternoon, I went to a co/worker’s party for her son who graduated, without feeling guilty about taking off a Saturday afternoon. When I came home, I worked on one of those “extra projects”. How nice!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Keep up the good work Bob! Letting go is hard.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>