Sunday, March 12, 2006

Time to Relax!


Did you wonder where I’ve been? I haven’t written since Monday night because this was “Daffodil Week” for The American Cancer Society. I was just way too tired every night after busy days during this week. I was in bed early each night, and 8:30 last night!

It was a hectic week at the office. I spent the week helping Amber and Joni to make their daffodil programs go smoothly. All the daffodil related questions went to me or to my voice mail, and the calls came, as they do each year! Answering lots of phone calls, lots of questions, coordinating the Gifts of Hope for the hospital delivery from the florists, helping to get the flowers delivered, dropping off flowers at the florists, helping to set up and maintain and staff for on site sales tables, finding help for the tables and sitting at the Holiday selling daffodils when we didn’t have anyone, finding more volunteers to help with delivery, helping Amber shift flowers from one site to another, putting out “fires”, apologizing to those who got their orders with a bunch or two missing, sending Ian, Peggy and Jim out to fill in the missing ones, explaining that nothing was wrong with their “yellow stems”, and on and and on….

What a week! So glad it’s over. Thursday and last night, I felt I was about ready to have a “melt down” from the stress and tiredness. This was my eighth year of “Daffodil Days week”. I slept late this morning. I have to rest up because my daughter and her family are coming up this afternoon from Hudson. We are excited to see them.

The grandchildren have spring break from school this week. They will be here through Monday, they will stay with us tonight and at the Edgewater tomorrow night. They will be at the Edgewater so that they can have fun in the new water park “The Edge” at the Edgewater Hotel. Those staying there get the park free; their guests have to pay an admission. We are planning to spend Sun. afternoon and evening with them there. I’m not a swimmer, so I’ll probably watch, but Rob and Bob will take part in the water park fun.

The relaxation will help me get over the stressful week. I hope you were able to get your daffodils, they are gone now. Thank you for your support. Daffodil Days over for another year!

PS...note the flower posted here is not a daffodil. I'm sure you can understand I'm a little tired of daffodils. In fact, yesterday when I picked up the onsite materials at Super One by the mall, there were fresh roses in all different shades at an unbelievable price of $7.77 for a dozen! I think the table to sell our daffodils at $8 a bunch was right across from the rose display. I wonder how many purchased roses instead of yet to bloom daffodils. Since I was tired of daffodils I purchased the most beautiful dozen of dark lavendar roses for my home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>