Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vista Cruise of the Harbor

See the Harbor on the Vista Fleet Cruise













A "must see" for the first time visitor to Duluth is our Duluth/Superior Harbor cruise... on one of the Vista Fleet sightseeing boats. (shown above) This guided tour will take the visitor under the Aerial Lift bridge, into Lake Superior and then back to the harbor to see the workings of our Duluth/Superior Port. They will see and be told about the ore and grain boats that take on loads of ore and grain and make their way to the St. Lawrence Seaway. You will see up close the ore docks, grain elevators and ships that are in the harbor taking on their loads. You will not understand what the ports do or the importance of them, and the history of them, unless you are out there by the sites and listening to the very competent tour guides. Stacie really enjoyed this tour, and I enjoyed seeing it again after so many years. Whenever I take someone on this tour, I learn more! When I first came here 42 years ago I did not understand the port until that July when my parents came to visit and I took them and my siblings on this boat cruise. These photos were taken from the boat cruise.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>