Sunday, May 09, 2010

Hard to Believe- Mother of GROWN Children

It's hard to believe that I am now a Mother of adult children! I hope that I have been even half the Mother to them that my Mother was to me. I know that I love my children as my Mother loved us. I also know that I let them know how much I love them. And, they let me know that they love me. I'm so thankful for that.

It was wonderful that our daughter sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers to my work place on Friday. I brought them home and have been enjoying them all weekend.

Our middle child, who likes to cook, offered to make me a special meal today of anything that I requested. I asked for his Manicotti, and he made the the very best he has ever made...it was so delicious! He cooked everything from scratch, using fresh herbs, tomatoes, nothing canned. He used 5 different cheeses and italian sausage for the filling and a delicious fresh meat sauce! I saved some to freeze to take to our daughter and saved some for our youngest son. It was the best Mother's Day present that Rob ever gave me! (Oh, yes...he shopped for and paid for all the ingredients too!)

Speaking of our youngest, I didn't get to see him today, but he did call and wish me a Happy Mother's Day.

And, our daughter called, and I had a really nice visit via telephone with her. I wished her a Happy Mothers Day too, as she is a Mother too!!

Considering how I miss my Mother, my Mother in Law, and my Grandmothers... I really did have a good Mother's Day!! Thank you Dawn, Rob and Scott. I love my kids so much, and have such good memories of them growing up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>