Monday, July 28, 2008

Where Have I Been???

Kids games at relay
Our Hope UMC Campsite ------------ Maddy helped to fill luminaria bags
A friend who reads my blog e mailed to me today and commented that I must be very busy since I haven't written a post for awhile, yes - it has been a busy couple of weeks again. I have so much I've been wanting to write about, but seems like I have no time (and sometimes no energy) to write. I was going to write this past weekend for SURE...but didn't get it done. (I was "relaxing" too much!)

The weekend of July 18th was our Duluth Community Relay For Life event, Friday night. My daughter and her family came up from Hudson. I wanted to write about her attending her 20th H S Class reunion! (2o years??!!) We had a nice visit with her and her family that weekend.

I took my Granddaughter to the relay. She loved it, and had a good time walking with Grandma, and going around to the different campsites, vendors, and eating! She was our team "mascot", carried our sign. She made it till after midnight before she admitted she was tired and wanted to go home. Of course, I didn't write that whole week before the relay, because at work I was helping the staff prepare for 3 area relays that were held that Friday night, so was pretty tired by the time the end of the days came. I would say March and July are the two busiest/craziest months at my job.

One evening last week a friend invited me to attend a jazz concert with her at Weber Hall at UMD. That was relaxing for both of us...part of UMD's Summer Festival series.

Another evening our covenant group went to "Sara's Table at Chester Creek" for dinner after our meeting, that is always a nice place to go. Another relaxing evening. I was glad for these two relaxing evenings, after some very hectic work days!

This past weekend I spent a lot of time sitting on our deck in the beautiful weather, reading a book a friend gave me that she told me "everyone should read". I'll write about it in another post. I also went to the Lakewalk and spent some time down there by the lake, enjoying the nice weather. This past weekend's weather was just perfect over the hill here... 70's, low 80's and a breeze. Downtown, it was 80's, humid and no breeze. It's not often that it's warmer downtown than up over the hill, but this last weekend it was.
I thought I'd make an effort to write this week, as the weekend will be busy. Our grandson and his friend will be coming up for the weekend. Two of his cousins, that now live in Duluth, are in the Denfeld's production of "Grease", and we are all going to go see it. Can't wait to see them. Also, can't wait to see GREASE, one of my favorite musicals!!
So...that's what I've been up to. This week I will try to find the time to write about a lot of things that I thought about writing the last few weeks. Below are a few I've written tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, great blog... thank you for an interesting read

New Advertise to 6,000+ Websites by Pagerank, Traffic, Reach, and More for FREE! FREE PR2 LINK INCLUDED

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>