Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bike Ride for Cancer







Our Annual Duluth Relay For Life is coming up next Friday, and again I'm happy to say that Hope UMC has a team for the event. Our Pastor Dan felt bad that he would not be able to be at the event, and as a team member he offered to do a "100 Mile" Bike ride as a fundraiser for the team!

This morning at approximately 8:15 am he left Brighton Beach, will travel up the Old North Shore Hwy 61 through Two Harbors, Gooseberry Falls, Beaver Bay to Grand Marais. He orginally planned to turn around at Beaver Bay and come back. However, the winds are very high today, and are to get more windy by afternoon, which would have him riding against the wind. For his sake and safety's sake, he will do the 100 miles going the whole way to Grand Marais. His wife will pick him up there. We were planning a huge get together at Brighton Beach upon his return, now we are making changes on the cheering, etc. A group is meeting him this morning at Knife River and Two Harbors to cheer him on. I was going to be with the group, but was dismayed to find my battery went dead as I was taking photos of his preparation for the ride. I am back home, recharging it, and took off my photos that I took, so I can show them to you this morning! After this post, hoping the battery is recharged, as I will be on my way back up the shore to cheer him on, somewhere along the way.

Our congregation is supporting him by giving him pledges for the 100 miles. We have almost $500 raised so far!

By the way, other than the winds today, it is a most gorgeous day...forecast to stay in the 70's and sunny and clear! So far, it's great! This is perfect weather for the bicycle ride!!! Look how blue the lake is!!
PS - Pastor Dan said that the "butter" was one of the most important things for the trip, hence the photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>