Monday, July 28, 2008

Focusing

Another thing that's kept me busy.... is since June 10th I have been really "focusing" on my new food plan (not a diet) and healthy living. This takes lots of focus, and attention & time given to everything I put into my mouth, and trying to make time to excerise, and extra time shopping for groceries, looking at all the labels for low carbs, low sodium and protein. Do you know how many things I can't eat/buy because there is too much sodium?! A lot! When I first started this plan in June, I dropped 12 lb in three days... I was told that was proof that I was "retaining fluids" and that I am "sodium sensitive", thus the sodium vilgilance. Whenever I have dieted in the past, I never looked at sodium, never even thought of the sodium aspect! I have been following this plan to the t every day, the first time I have followed a "plan" in many years. It certainly does help when you "get help" from a dietician...I finally had to give in and admit I just couldn't do this on my own... I have dropped 24 lbs. and I'm already feeling a lot better. Now I am working on my second 20...20 pounds at a time, is my goal. 20 lbs at a time, AND one day at a time. Focusing....focusing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>