Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun Sunday

Yesterday morning was a "fun Sunday" at HOPE UMC. We had a HYMN SING. You know, us U. Methodists LOVE to sing! There is no loss for hands in the air of people wanting to get their favorite hymn in. Of course, I have SO many, many favorite hymns that it's always hard for me to choose just one...but I always can find a special one that pops into my head. This time one of my Mother's favorite popped into my head right away. She used to sing, hum and often times even WHISTLE hymns around the house when I was growing up. She also had many favorites. One came into my head on Saturday, and I knew it would be the one I would choose for Sunday's Hymn Sing. We were also to tell why it was "our favorite". I named the hymn in memory of my Mother, as one of her favorites that she would hum or whistle around the house.

Bob and I helped with coffee fellowship after church. One of our favorite couples that are in their 80's asked Bob and I if we would serve with them, and we of course said sure! At my Tuesday evening group, some of the girls commented that it would be fun to have "something different" at coffee time, like sundaes or root beer floats. I ran that idea by Lois, and she liked the idea too.... so she brought the ice cream and I brought the root beer. I bought large colorful plastic cups, spoons and straws. Everyone was delighted. It was a warm morning, and everyone thought the floats were a real treat. It was fun to do something different. Of course, we still made coffee for the dire hard coffee drinkers and had cinnamon rolls to go with the floats.

It was also very neat to work with Lois and Fred, and to see that there age was not going to stop them from helping and being involved! They are a real special couple, just one of many special people at Hope! What fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>