Monday, July 28, 2008

Goodbye Diane


And speaking again of Hope UMC. Last week was the last week for our wonderful Church Secretary, Diane. She is leaving us to start a new chapter in her life in one of the suburbs of St. Paul! Her children are grown, one lives down there, the other in college and no relatives here in Duluth, so she is making a move to be closer to her girls. We are losing a great secretary and a great friend of many of us. She has been a real asset for our pastor and our church. We will miss her dearly!

I used to be a church secretary for 7 years, I know how hard she worked, and know the bond she feels to the church. She promises to keep in touch, and she told me, "I will continue to read your blog, Linda". Last Wednesday we surprised her with a luncheon at church, and what a nice turn out we had to wish her well. Our quilting group made a quilt and presented it to her, and we also gave her a framed photo of Rose Garden (lest she should forget). I was able to "sneak" away during my lunch period and attend the luncheon, as I wanted to be sure to wish her well.

Diane, if you are reading this, know how much you are loved, and how much we appreciate all that you did for Hope! We all wish you and your girls the best life has to offer. God Bless You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>