Wednesday, April 09, 2008

They Say We Won't Miss THIS ONE!


A big blizzard warning is out for Duluth for the weekend. They say we are NOT going to miss this snow storm like we missed the last one...we are in the EYE of this one and they are saying it's to start tomorrow night and snow through Saturday with high winds, making blizzard conditions and snowfall between 12-18 inches! Last weekend north of us and northwest of us got hit very badly. Bemidji, MN got 23 inches of wet, heavy snow. The “iron range” area, north of us got a foot or more. We barely got an inch.

Of course, we don't want this storm, especially not now in APRIL. We are mighty sick of this winter, that just doesn’t seem to want to “let go”. BUT, IF we HAVE to get it, we are hoping it does start tomorrow night, so that by Fri. morning it will be bad enough that we won't be able to get to work. Otherwise, we go to work, and then if it keeps snowing we WORRY ALL day about
getting home... and that IS a worry... especially for me, as I live "over the hill", which means I can't get home without going UP several STEEP Avenues! By the way, our shipping season has been here for a few months now, and it IS supposed to spring. Ships have been coming in and out of the harbor!

Fortunately, this time I won't have to worry about number one son... he is on vacation this week, I always worry about him driving in the snow. Our youngest son told me that he is to have Fri. and Sat. off unless someone calls in that he has to cover for, he drives for his job, so I would be glad if he would be at home. The last snow storm we had I worried all day about him driving around in it, and when I thought he should be home, I called him. He told me he had the whole day off and was home all day! If I'd only known!

Gosh, I CANNOT believe, when I hear myself talking like this. Worrying about my kids driving in snowstorms - it reminds me of how my Mother in Law used to worry all the time and be calling us to see if we all got home alright...back then, we thought she was being "so silly and overprotective". We also got it three ways, because Bob had two retired Aunts, who also would call us!

Yes, my cousin is right, I guess we are now the OLDER GENERATION....and no, I simply can’t believe it! (see post below)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>