Sunday, April 27, 2008

Now That's a Reward!






Wednesday “Administrative Support Day”
or what used to be called “Secretaries Day”, but now we have the fancier name of Administrative Support, or Administrative Assistants. At my place of employment, I am an Administrative Support/Facilities Assistant. At 12:30 that day, all of us Ad Mns in our Midwest Division had a conference call. Our CEO of our division, greeted us and told us how valuable we are to the mission, and how much we are appreciated. She then gave us a surprise. This year, instead of flowers, so often given us, she gave us ½ PAID day off! Now, that’s the kind of reward that we ALL appreciate! It’s the best thing that could be given us, I ‘m sure I’m not the only one that thinks this. It couldn’t have been a better afternoon to have off either. After a weekend before and Monday and Tuesday, being gloomy, rainy type days, Wednesday was the most loveliest day we have had yet this spring! The temperature downtown when I left at 12:30 was 66 degrees and the SUN was the brightest ever, not a cloud in the sky! Over the hill it got over 70 degrees and by 6 in the evening it was 72 degrees at our house!

I went right from work, to the Lakewalk down at Canal Park, by the lake. I took a walk along the lake, and sat down on the bench and just looked out over the lake, it was as blue as blue could be. It was so so beautiful! What an afternoon! I also took a few photos.

Then I went home and relaxed and around 5, decided to go to the Mall and check out the sales they had at Younkers Dept. Store. I made a purchase or two also, which was a good feeling too.

It was an afternoon that was really GOOD FOR MY SOUL...and on top of the singing with Sara too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>