Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 13th - A Day to Remember


Today is April 13th. This is a special day for me because it is my baby sister's birthday. I was 15 when she was born. I had 4 brothers before I had a sister. I was so thrilled to finally get a sister. If I wrote about this last year, I apologize. But, it is a special day! She and I are very close, though we live thousand plus miles away. We talk on the phone and by e mail several times a week, now a days, thanks to all our technology!

It's hard for both of us to believe that we are so much older these days. Remembering the day she was born, and helping to take care of her, changing her diapers, taking her places after I had my driver's license, etc. , it's hard to believe that she is the Mother of a daughter over 20, married and out on her own, and a son who turns 18 this spring. Amazing, where do the years go? She, like me, grew up with two brothers. Our youngest brothers are one and two years older than her. She is the youngest among them. I, on the other hand, was the oldest, with my brothers, who were a few years younger than me....and all with the same two parents! Despite the years between the oldest and the youngest, we all get along very well.
(Photo: Julie, Mark and Tim)

Happy Birthday dear Julia Elizabeth!! We all love you! - from your big sister and big brothers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>