Sunday, April 27, 2008

April Almost Gone!


I can’t believe that April is almost over. I don’t know where this month went. Gosh, I don’t even know where last week went, and I haven’t had a chance to post all week! A lot has happened this past week. (Read posts below)

Thursday
Oh my…. Was I glad it was Wed. afternoon I had off, not Thursday. We had a rainy day, all day. Oh well, April Showers bring May flowers! In the evening I was invited to a tour of the Safe Haven Shelter for Battered Women. I know several women who are volunteers there, and they are trying to get the word out to the community, as to what services they offer for women and families who are in harms way. I was quite impressed by the information and the tour. If you want to get more information or take a tour, they offer them often. The next one is May 15th at 11 am. Contact the shelter at 218-728-6481 for more information. You are invited to the "Inside Story". Safe Haven "provides women and their children with advocacy, safety and space to heal". Website: http://www.safehavenshelter.org/

Friday
I had planned a day off on Friday, so I could do some spring housecleaning. I didn’t get everything done I wanted, but did get some things accomplished! That was a good feeling. I don’t even want to tell you that we had a lousy day of rain, fog and snow showers. But, I was inside, so didn’t mind as much. I went through closets and clothing. Bags for Goodwill, CHUM and the Daminio Center. Winter clothes put away and summer clothes out to start wearing. It was a good day.
Saturday
When we got out of bed, we had snow on the ground….unbelievable! It snowed all morning. We got about 3 inches throughout the day, and wind blowing like crazy. The weather was nasty. I tried not to let it get me down. I went to a “cut a thon” at a salon I’ve never been to before, from 1 – 5, everyone that had haircuts, the money was all donated to one of our Relay Teams for our Duluth Relay For Life. My hair needed it badly, as I was waiting for this cut a thon, to support them. I told the beautician I wanted something “different”…wow, she did give me something different. It’s very short and styled differently than usual … we’ll see what the girls say at work about it!

Today (Sunday) the SUN was shining again. Snow is all melted. Yeah! I sat in the sun on our deck for awhile this afternoon and read. I hope we don't see any snow ladened trees in May, like this one I've posted from April!
Off to another week of work tomorrow! Oh to be retired....when is my day coming??

1 Comments:

Blogger Maestra said...

The bad weather never seems to be going. but that doesnt stop you from being so charitable. Bless you!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>