Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tradition I can't seem to Break...

I told you in the post below that I didn't really send Christmas cards this year, except for a very few out of state and some here in town that we NEVER see throughout the year, and some elderly homebound.

Anyhow, I couldn't stand it... I bought New Year's cards and on New Year's Day, I wrote them out, and they went in the mail on Wednesday. Those that we see on a regular basis, I did not send and I called my aunts and uncles last week instead of mailing cards. It was great talking with them. I had planned to call cousins, but didn't get that done, so sorry cousins, you didn't get any cards either.

I guess it is just a tradition that I have trouble breaking or doing away with completely. Next year I will have to go back and do what I've always done each year for 37 years! It's part of my Christmas Tradition and always will be!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I surfed by your weblog a few days back. Just stopping by.

Came across an interesting illustrated catalog cover of Duluth Trading Co. for 2008, which is no longer based there, though.

warm regards

7:38 AM  
Blogger David said...

Sometimes you cannot escape a groove carved by the stream of time.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kyung-Ju and me said...

Hello.
I am BongSik live in Korea. very far away from US. today I found your blog by chance. quite interesting... and It's quite interesting to read your post.

I think your saturday will come.
5pm Sat in Korea now
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy new year!
from far east country Korea BongSik~*

2:06 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thank you all for your comments! Wishing each of you a wonderful, happy New Year! - Linda

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>