Monday, December 31, 2007

A Lifelong Friend

A Lifelong Friend – “She sees past your bifocals to the girl you were at 16, these friends remind you that you are still the person you’ve always been. She knew your family when you were growing up.” From: Your Foundation of Friends, Elizabeth Larsen - Prevention Magazine, Dec. '07

My friend from elementary school, we were friends since 4th grade, she was my Maid of Honor at our wedding. She drives up from New Jersey to EB to visit me, every time I am home. My November visit, she and I sat at a restaurant for 3 hours visiting, it was like we had never been apart. Then we spent the whole evening together and of course, during that time did some reminicing. Great fun!

I also have several other lifelong friends from school that I have remained close to in my years in Duluth. These lifelong friends are invaluable!

None of the friends I have met in the last 38 years, knew me when I was growing up. Many friends I have now also did not know me when I was raising my children. That's one reason I keep in touch with all my "lifelong friends". They knew me when....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>