Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good Project for Cold Weekend

I must take a break. For two days I have been working on my “picture project”, which means going through 30 some years of photographs and trying to get them sorted into some sort of order. The last time I did anything like this was in January, 1979 when I was home, not working, and getting ready for our second child to be born. I put all of Dawn’s photos into albums. Of course, after 29 years, those photos are looking yellow in the albums, and I would really like to put them together now with the photos of the other two children. My idea is to sort them and put representative photos of the kid’s childhood, and make a book for each child. After I know what photos I want to use, I want to scan them onto a flash drive and either give them to them that way, or put them on a DVD. But, FIRST, the hard job…deciding WHICH photos, and how I want them organized, I started working on this project the last time I posted about it, quite a few months ago, and am just now getting back to it. I figured with this cold weather, I don’t want to go anywhere, so would be a good time to tackle it again. I’ve been working most of yesterday and most of today on it. Now, I feel like I need to take a break. This is really an OVERWHELMING job. So, I’m going to take a break and do some writing, since I haven’t written anything all week.

I just received a call from a friend and she told me she was in the middle of doing the same thing this weekend, but instead of photos, she is sorting through FABRIC, as she is a sewer and a quilter. She said she has so much fabric that she needs to organize it. Thank goodness I do not sew, or in addition to everything else I tend to collect in our house, I’d have piles of sewing and quilting materials also!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>