Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Deep Freeze

Well, our January low temperatures are now here. The last few days have been very cold and yesterday and today, we are hovering between the -16 to -20 below temps, not counting the wind chill and with the wind chill, for example this morning at 10 am it was minus -36 below.

I guess we can’t feel alone in this cold, as sometimes we can, it sounds like it’s a deep freeze all over the country! It is almost 7:00 pm and I haven’t been outside since I came home from work on Friday. Thank goodness, I had no place I had to go. So, my thought during this kind of deep freeze is, “why go out if I don’t have to!” My husband’s in and out, to the fitness center, of course – and he said it’s brutal out there.

Tomorrow is to be the same, and I’m so glad that our office is closed for “Martin Luther King” holiday. I’m not planning to go anywhere, unless my husband convinces me to maybe go for lunch with him. We should go out and celebrate his birthday, which is today. He didn’t want to go out today, due to the sports on TV. (Watching the Packers right now…can you imagine, they are playing football in Green Bay tonight, and the wind chill is minus 25 below zero at the start of the game, it will only be getting colder…we all feel bad for the football players!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>