Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve 2007

I didn’t realize until last Thursday that we had Dec. 31st, as a floating holiday from work., This is the first year this has happened. It makes for a wonderful 4 day in a row, time off from the job. I was hoping I could get some extra work done around the house, but I just don’t have the energy I used to have, I’m making some headway, but not what I wanted to. If I had paid attention earlier to having today off I might have planned a get together at the house today or tonight for friends. I thought of it on Friday, but since I’m not the most organized person, I thought putting something together at the last minute would be too stressful. I’m into being relaxed lately, and not getting stressed. I figure I spent so many years getting stressed out over the holidays, that my time is coming that I should be able to relax. So… here I am relaxing on my day off, and will probably do the same tomorrow. I slept in late, which was wonderful. I plan to do the same tomorrow.

Bob got me a beautiful necklace for Christmas, but the chain is not long enough, so in a little bit we are going to the jewelry store to get a longer chain. Then we will go out to a restaurant to eat early, before the rush. We will spend the evening together, bringing in the New Year. Rob is working all day and works until 8 tonight and will be going out with his friends after. The younger son and his girl are probably doing what we did (hang out with lots of friends) when we were younger.

We’ve had our years of celebrating and dancing and cheering in the New Year. For many years, I wanted to go to the big SMDC party they have at the DECC, but my husband never wanted to, and none of our friends go there. Now the last few years, I don’t even think about the possibility. We aren’t big drinkers, so we don’t like the bar hopping scene anymore, and the restaurants are way too busy, so we’ve learned to go out early to eat, and come home early and celebrate quietly. This year we are looking forward to the same, a quiet evening, bringing in the New Year and wishing that the new year will be as good as 2007 was for us and our family.

Wishing all my readers a happy New Year celebration tonight, and a joyous, healthy, happy and blessed 2008!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>