Saturday, May 26, 2007

Future Vacation



As you know in April we vacationed in Florida. In the past our vacations were always to Pennsylvania to see my family, or Las Vegas to see Bob's sister. I kept telling Bob there were other places that I wanted to see, and it wasn't until he became good friends with Bill that he agreed that we should go somewhere other than Las Vegas (which he loves). I was so happy to go somewhere other than Vegas. I had always wanted to go to Florida. I have always wanted to go to the state of Arizona too. I have had relatives in Arizona all my life, and he also has a cousin that lives in Arizona. So, now he has agreed that next winter we will visit Arizona. His cousin is in Scottsdale, and my cousins are in Payson, which is in the northern part of the state. My Aunt and Uncle were from Tempe, however, they are both gone now. I never did make it to Tempe, but I have cousins there yet, so hoping to visit them. I need to find out from the cousins when the best month is to go there, and when it suits for us to visit them. SO, Arizona it will be - after our trip home to PA in the fall, of course!

What made me think of writing about Arizona is that one of my favorite photographers, Jonathan, (you've seen his photos posted here on my site) has just taken a vacation to Scottsdale, AZ. I noticed his photos of Scottsdale on his photo site. Here are two of his photos.
I note from the photos, that though I always thought AZ as being mostly "brown", that there is some green there too. From looking at his photos, I get a preview of what we will see there next winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>