Friday, May 18, 2007

What Would You Take?

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com
The Gunflint Trail Fire:
The Gunflint Trail residents are returning home today, after being evacuated from their homes because of the fire. Some do not have homes to return to. Read about it in this morning’s Duluth News Tribune. Sam Cook, our outdoor editor for the Tribune wrote an article called “What Would You Save?”. Click on the news site and then “Sam Cook”.

I know what I would want to save if I had to evacuate our home. Our photos! I am big on taking pictures, and having pictures, especially family pictures. My large painted photo of our family farm that I grew up on, that is above our fireplace mantel, would be the first thing I would grab, then the children’s 8 X 10 high school grad photos from our bookcase, the Grandchildren’s framed photos, and all the framed family photos that I have in our dining room. I would grab them fast. I am in the process of a project that I want to do over the next year or so. I am scanning the photos from the last 37 years and photos of growing up years, into a “flash drive” (sure it will take more than one). I just found out recently about these valuable little things. They hold a lot, and they are small. The one I started is sitting right at my desk in a basket. I could easily grab it. Photos, they are the most valuable of our possessions. I wouldn’t care about saving anything else, I could save my photos.

I asked my husband what he would want to take, his reply was “my shaving kit and a change of clothing”. Gee, we sure don’t think alike!

Make some comments on my blog telling me what you would grab as you were evacuating your home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,
Do you know that this message comes up when you want to leave a message?

"Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author. "

Maybe that's why my previous comment never showed up.

I'd take my albums and pictures and cat.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>