Thursday, May 10, 2007

Relationships

Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of my Mother’s passing. I spent a lot of the day thinking about her. Although, in these two years, probably a day doesn’t go by that I don’t think of her. All of you, who have lost one or both of your parents, know exactly what I’m talking about. In April it was three years, for my Dad. I have been also spending a lot of time being thankful and very grateful for the parents that I had, and thankful that I had them each for a major part of my life.

In regard to relationships, this week has been a good week because I have re-connected with some old friends that I haven’t seen for a very long time. Our God-daughter, who I haven’t seen since her grade school years, and now she just finished her second year in college, was one that I saw and visited with on Sunday. Her family used to live in our neighborhood, but when she was about 3 years old, they moved away. You know how you can lose touch with friends when they leave your town. Her sister-in-law had a baby shower for her on Sunday. I drove 50 miles one way, so that I could attend. I knew I would see her Mother too, who I haven’t seen in many years. It was so wonderful to see both of them. I had a bonus though, I also was able to visit with our God-daughter’s two sisters, who I haven’t seen since they were little girls. It was nice that they remembered me, and they and Janel were both so friendly to me, and we reconnected so easily, it didn’t even seem like all these years had passed! I also saw photos of Janel’s brothers, who I haven’t seen since they were grown. Her brothers and both of her sisters each have 3 children a piece, it was so much fun to see their children. How neat that was!

It’s really something to be at a time in my life, where I am seeing the children of the little ones who lived down the street, that I watched running up and down the block! One of the boys has finished his second year of medical school, on track to be a Doctor! Wow! Janel’s Mother and I made a date to meet for lunch (she works downtown Duluth) next week, so she and I can catch up (a lot of changes in her life since I’ve seen her.) I told her she is to be sure to call me when her 10th Grandchild arrives! I plan to go visit Janel and their new little one, and to stay connected!

Tonight I am meeting another old friend for supper. She and I haven’t visited with each other in probably about 3 years. It will be so great to re-connect with her too. I am a “People person” so it’s important to me to keep in touch with all my friends.

Relationships, that’s what life is really about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>