Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is This April?


This is April? Are we paying for having warm weather in January? The last few days have been like January. A cruel joke for all of us, especially when we were in the midst of getting out our spring and summer wardrobes and putting away our gloves, boots and winter coats, but then, I guess we should have known better. After all we do live in the Northland!
We all look forward to spring. We had a taste of it here in Duluth a few weeks ago for about a week. The April Fool's snow storm on Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week that brought us over 10 inches of wet, heavy snow, followed by very cold temps the rest of the week, so the snow and ice aren't going anywhere anytime too fast! It has seemed strange, with this very cold weather, for it to be light outside until 7 at night. The early daylight savings time has seemed odd to most of us. It’s great though, we suffer with darkness early in the morning. Guess we can’t have it all.

It will be a cold Easter Sunday. I learned a long time ago, not to think I would wear a spring outfit to church. Most Easter hunts for the children are done inside here in Duluth. When I was a kid, in PA, we hunted for eggs after church on our church lawn. We usually always had very nice weather, at least not any snow! It was always so much fun. Somehow, I think it’s more fun outside than in the church, or in your home. When our kids were small, I did hide them around the house. I miss not having children around to color Easter eggs for. It doesn’t seem worth doing them, when there aren’t any children here to enjoy them. I can’t really color them and ship them to Madelyn in Hudson. I have such great memories of coloring the eggs with all three of our children. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I always did. I never missed a year! I may hard boil some eggs today though, so I can relive the memory of eating hard boiled eggs at Easter!

We will have a quiet Easter, just Bob, Rob and I. Dawn and family will be spending Easter with her husband's family in Hudson, and Scott with Sarah's family. However, I did buy 1/2 ham to bake tomorrow, because HAM is my favorite meat, and I haven't been able to eat any for many months ... but now I should be able to, as most everything I try so far is going and staying well. I still haven't eaten any steak or pork chops yet, but most everything else. Tomorrow Ham... I can't wait! Yesterday I tried raw vegetables, and all was well! I have eaten PIZZA twice in the last week, last Saturday, one without meat on it, then last night I wanted a SAMMY’S pizza. We got our favorite, ground beef and pepperoni. It has a lot of ground beef on it, and the last 6 months I couldn’t eat it, due to the ground beef, but last evening I ate it, ground beef and all. Oh, my, did it taste good! So thankful for the recovery, again, thank you to Dr. Hampton!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>